If you are not Incorporated and have a Business Name Registration (Sole Proprietorships, General Partnership, and Operating Names), unfortunately, cannot directly change their business name on the registration. You must register a new Business Name Registration for the new business name. Then close and cancel the old Business Name Registration. Make sure to properly transfer bank, tax, other licenses, HST, Payroll, WSIB, assets, etc. into the new business.

If your business Corporation wishes to apply to change its name or other provisions within its Articles, the corporation must file an Articles of Amendment (Form 3 under the Business Corporations Act). The cost of this form is $150.