Have a business idea and not sure where to start?
Then you’re in the right place!
Stop the excuses of not having the time or not sure where to start and take that first step to starting and getting more guidance, clarity, accountability and motivation!
With this program, you are not alone, we are here every step of the way and we are your accountability partner and supporter!
What’s different? In this program you have structure and accountability. You know what you are working on, what decisions you need to make and actions you need to take. You know your goals and you are focused! Are you ready to roll up your sleeves and get going?
Who are you?
- Motivated to learn and develop yourself.
- Committed to participate actively in discussions and activities
- Self directed and you complete follow up work and prep for the next week
- Open minded, willing to experiment and learn from experience
- Self-reflective and willing to take the time to reflect on learning and stretch opportunities
- Open to receiving feedback
- Comfortable and familiar with working online
- Ready to start a business
BACD Start S.M.A.R.T. is a goal based program stemming from the acronym SMART that stands for:
S – Specific, M – Measurable, A – Attainable, R – Realistic/Relevant and T – Timely
The program is designed to run over an 8 week period, where you will complete at least 8 hours of business development training and 8 hours of hands-on business sessions with an advisor.
On completion you will have a completed business plan and 2 year cash flow projection to help you start and grow your business successfully.
Business Training (a minimum of 8 hours)
- 4 workshops including: BACD Start Up Session/ Marketing & Sales / Financials & Operations / Business Planning
- (Optional): Finding the Ideal Customers Through Market Research and / Digital Marketing & Website (2 workshops paid by BACD for you)
One on One Business Advisory Sessions (8 hours total – includes discovery meeting and follow up meeting)
- 1 discovery session to understand your needs and to create your roadmap for success.
- 4 focused one hour sessions with a business advisor for in depth, personalized coaching and advisory support for your business.
- 1 focused two hour session to go through your 2 year cash flow projection spreadsheet.
- 1 follow up session to review your completed business plan and 2 year cash flow projections.
Business Fundamental Workshops scheduled within or around the 6 week time period and then agreeing to dates for your one on one sessions with your business advisor.
Your Investment for the full program:
Durham Region Businesses: $240.00 all inclusive
Ontario Businesses: $750.00
All others: $1,200.00
Payment is arranged after your discovery meeting.
BACD reserves the right to disqualify any participant that, in its sole judgement, violates the spirit of the program and its guidelines, processes and rules. BACD’s decisions are final.
BACD reserves the right to suspend, delay, modify or cancel these terms and conditions for any reasonable applicable law.