Business Advisory Centre Durham is pleased to announce the extension of the Digital Transformation Grant to November 30, 2021 (or until all grant funds have been fully exhausted). All approved grant recipients have until February 28, 2022 to spend their grant funds and submit their final report regardless of their grant agreement start date. Grant recipients can start their digital transformation work as soon as they sign back their grant agreement; and do not need to wait until they received their grant funds to start spending against their Digital Transformation Plan budget. APPLY HERE
Digital Main Street (DMS) is a program focused on assisting small businesses with their adoption of technologies. The Digital Transformation Grant (DTG) program will provide funding for training, advisory support, and grants to brick-and-mortar small businesses looking increase their capacity through digital transformation.
The grant is administered by the Ontario BIA Association (OBIAA), and is not administered by Digital Main Street.
A Digital Transformation Grant is open to any business that meets the following requirements:
Must be a business that:
- Has a permanent ‘brick-and-mortar’ establishment in Ontario
- Is employing 1-50 employees
- Has not received a Digital Transformation Grant previously
- Is paying commercial property tax (commercially assessed), either directly or through commercial rent
- Is a registered business in Ontario and/or is incorporated
- Is open for business/operating at the time of application (not a start up)
- Is open to the general public for walk-in and onsite purchases of goods and services – NOT A WHOLESALER OR MANUFACTURER
- Is NOT a business supplying digital services to other businesses (e.g. website design/development, SEO, programming)
- Is NOT a franchise, including those individually owned and operated
- Is NOT a not-for-profit/ charitable organization
- Is NOT renting office space on a temporary basis (month-to-month)
- Is NOT in a shared workspace such as a hot desk or dedicated desk
- Is NOT a purely online business
- An Ontario resident operating a business in Ontario.
- An individual of 18 years of age or older at the time of application.
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Has completed the Digital Transformation for Main Street program, which includes:
- The Digital Main Street Assessment
- Has passed the eligibility quiz
- The online training
- Developing a Digital Transformation Plan
*OBIAA reserves the right to determine who is eligible/ineligible on a case-by-case basis.
Previous Digital Main Street grant recipients may NOT apply at this time